Thursday 10 September 2015

Post of Adventures: Looe, Cornwall

This time two weeks ago I was sunning myself on Looe beach down in Cornwall...today I'm drowning myself in my duvet, only to be seen on my regular trip to the fridge...stereotypical teenager, oops. Holidays with the family are always super fun and exciting, this one was no exception. Usually, we venture abroad but this year my mum fancied something different, so off down the caravan we went. We haven't attempted a travel/trip post as of yet so why not begin with Cornwall? I've mentioned 3 of my favourite places we visited (Looe, Bodmin Jail and Polperro) and then a variety of pictures I took whilst exploring other beautiful destinations we had the pleasure of seeing too.

Looe


I've only ever visited Looe once, of which I was too young to remember, so I had no idea what to expect but kept my fingers crossed that it would be photogenic enough to share with you all. I wasn't left disappointed. It's one of the most picturesque places I've visited in the UK, the most stunning fishing town with some of the most stunning dainty shops and tea-rooms.

The arched bridge provides a separation between East Looe and West Looe, which offer two completely different living styles. East being the more "touristy" side, which includes a sandy stretched beach, bucket and spade shops galore and the sweetest bakeries, giving a real sense of a classic British summer holiday. Where as West Side offers more of a residential feel, hairdressers, beauty salons and supermarkets for your "everyday needs".

I completely fell in love with the East side, the cobbled streets, traditional English pubs and bakeries and a French crepe house! Doesn't get better than that. There was so much to take in and look at, I couldn't stop snapping the gorgeous scenery, as shown below.














Bodmin Jail

If you're visiting Cornwall, Bodmin Jail is the place to go. I'm not the biggest fan of visiting historic places as nine times out of ten I do tend to loose interest. However, I'm a huge fan of gore and being a little spooked and what better way than visiting a haunted jail where thousands of executions took place. My cup of tea.  As you walked around the six different floors, there was a different story to be told around each and every corner. Tales of executions, murders, motives, all about the people that had died there...along with some spooky life-like models of the victims,which could be found in each cell.













Polperro

Polperro meaning 'Pyra's cove' is set along the South-East Coast similar to Looe and is a short car journey away. Pyra's cove is a small village and fishing harbour, where the River Pol runs through. It's a well noted tourist destination and is particularly popular during summer months although unfortunately, rained the whole day we was there *sigh*. I loved exploring this idyllic tightly-packed ancient town and I fell head over heels for its quaint harbour,gorgeous coastline and wide variety of shops, including the most wonderful dainty tea-rooms and pottery shops.

Other must-see destinations:

Fowey










Tintagel 







Padstow









What places in Cornwall have you visited? Did you enjoy our first travel post? We hope so! Please let us know your thoughts below.

With love, Soph x
















































6 comments:

  1. I enjoy reading travel posts I have never ever been to Cornwall as I live in Scotland but it's looks such a fun place to be

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a gorgeous place, we hope you enjoyed this one x ~Soph

      Delete
  2. Great post! The pictures are stunning! I've never been to Cornwall but you've made me want to go now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Lauren. If you ever get the chance to go to Cornwall GO! It's gorgeous xx

      Delete
  3. These photo's are so lovely! I went to Cornwall on holiday this year and visited all these places (apart from Bodmin Jail) they're lovely aren't they:)

    I've also nominated you for the Liebster award:) You can see more about it here: http://geraldineswonderfulworld.blogspot.co.uk/2015/09/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou, honestly I took way too many haha. I know, aren't they just gorgeous! Thankyou for the nomination too. Xxx

      Delete