Sunday 5 July 2015

5 Summer Skin Favourites

Summer is my favourite time of year, the holidays, the memories, the cute outfits and of course the SUMMER SALES. Although, you know what they say 'suns out, guns out' and if you were feeling like me at the beginning of the summer season, I wasn't sure if my skin and skin routine was in tip-top shape. Thanks to a few little shopping sprees I now feel more ready than ever with my top 5 summer skin products! Summers never looked so damn good, enjoy girls.

Palmer's cocoa butter formula 'moisturising lip balm'

We all love a Palmer's product but we are especially in love with their original lip balm. Dry lips are the bain of summer time, not attractive girls, not one bit. Firstly, the scent of the balm is to die for, which had drawn me to buying this particular lip balm in the first place. The 'non-stickiness' of the balm is most definitely a bonus as I find other products leave some sort of sticky residue. Another bonus is that I have noticed my lips stay moisturised for a lot longer so I don't need to keep topping up as regularly as I am used too and that the balm contains an SPF 15 to ensure you're lips are protected. Brilliant right?



Nivea Sun 'Protect & Refresh Invisible Cooling Mist'


This sun protective spray is my favourite for this current 'heat wave' as of course it provides my skin with the immediate protection I need without having to rub a lotion in, which is a slight pain when I'm eager to get out in the sunshine without any hassle. I've tried a variety of invisible spray protectors and for me this is by far the best as it suits my skin type perfectly. Due to my skin being naturally oily, sun tan lotion appears to make it worse but luckily a spray mist is perfect as well as it giving a pleasurable cooling effect, leaving my skin feeling completely refreshed.




St.Tropez 'Gradual Tan In-Shower' Lotion'

 As soon as this product was released I thought it was a 'must buy and try' item. Although I was feeling rather skeptical after reading the very varied reviews, I wasn't going to let other people's opinions put me off. I rarely ever fake tan but I hate being pale skinned so I thought I would start off my summer glow with a gradual tanning product and see how it turned out. Surprisingly, it smells nothing like other fake tans and had a pleasant delicate scent. As it only takes 3 minutes for the colour to develop I thought I had no chance in seeing any difference in colour, I was proven wrong. There wasn't a dramatic difference but after a few uses I was happy with the colour and how even my tan was. Although, results may vary depending on your natural skin tone, if you're fair skinned like myself, I'd 100% advise you to give it a go.





Palmers Cocoa butter formula 'moisturising body oil'

Is it clear how much we love Palmers products yet? Oops maybe a little. The clues in the name that it is an oil product (obviously) although it doesn't leave your skin feeling/looking oily or greasy, which of course was a huge relief as no one wants to look like a greasy chicken on the beach. My skin is always left dry, especially when I'm abroad, and my skin always starts to peel very quickly where as this product helps maintain nourishment and my tan for that little bit longer. Needless to say it smells beautiful.





Scholl 'Pedi Velvet Smooth' Electronic Pedicure Foot File

I LOVE YOU SCHOLL. I literally couldn't live without Scholls foot care products, my feet are always smooth and soft without fail, my confidence in sandals have improved massively all thanks to this product. I'm glad to say my feet are most definitely summer ready! My favourite Scholl product right now is the 'electronic pedicure foot file' which gets rid of hard,dead skin quickly and with ease. Perfect for when you're in a rush. Although it is a little pricy, it does the job amazingly well and is a long lasting purchase, as you just replace the batteries when needed. Must buy for the summer.




Let me know your favourite summer skin/beauty products below and of course what you think of my routine. All comments and opinions welcome, Happy summer! 


With love, Soph x







10 comments:

  1. cant wait to try these products for the summer!😍

    ReplyDelete
  2. Palmer's cherry lip balm is also divine,I'd tell anyone to try it x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cherry sound lovely,definitely going to have to give it a try. X

      Delete
  3. I've been needing a good lip balm, so I might be buying the palmers one! Thanks for the suggestion

    Ambra x http://fridaysarefab.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It keeps my lips moisturised for hours and smells gorgeous,I'd recommend it to anyone x

      Delete
  4. I love the whole Palmers range, I use their body lotions too and they're heavenly!
    Ambra x fridaysarefab.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're literally obsessed, you should try their body moisturising oil too. ITS AMAZING x

      Delete
  5. Spray sun lotions are the best for me. I was never a big fan of sticky, creamy lotions. Find me at http://www.igaberry.com/ & https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/igaberry-13323143 I am always trying to visit everyone who leaves a comment. Have a lovely day, Iga x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We completely agree,I'd never go back to lotions now.We keep updated with your blog regularly and we love it,you too x

      Delete