Tuesday 7 July 2015

Barry M nail varnishes

An essential for me is definitely nail varnishes and I always have my nails painted. After trying various brands of polish, I have found that my favourite is Barry M. I have a growing collection of their different varnishes, they are great and don't break the bank, I find that they give good coverage and last a long time. I also love their top coat which I use with almost every varnish. I will talk about the differences and my favourites in this post.




Firstly, the standard polishes that were the first in the brand. These are my least favourite from the collection, this is because I feel that these take longer to dry and do not have the colour choices I often want to choose from. Also, it gives the standard finish after applying a top coat, compared to some of the other variations of the polishes. These polishes retail at around £2.99 each. My rating; 6/10



The gelly nail polishes are one of my faves and I have a growing collection of this type. They give a nice shiny finish before the top coat has been applied and I like the variation in colour choice that is offered. I find that they dry fairly quickly, but still not as fast as some of the others. These polishes retail at around £3.99 each. My rating; 7/10




I love the appearance that the silk colours give when they have been applied. At first I thought that these would need a fair few layers to cover the nail completely but I was wrong and they give good coverage. I like that its a bit different but I would say that often the colours appear lighter when they have dried on the nails. These polishes retail at around £3.99 each. My Rating; 7/10




The aquarium nail polishes are a must have for a different look. They shine in the light in different colours and look great on. At first I thought the colour may not suit me as I am fair skinned and thought that the blues and greens would not look great but they were! It gives a different appearance to the other type of varnishes and I often find I don't apply a top coat when I wear this polish, it also dries fairly quickly too. The polishes retail at around £3.99 each. My rating; 8/10




Next on the list is the speedy quick dry which has recently been introduced to the range. As soon as I saw these I knew I had to try them! They are perfect for when you make that last minute decision to change your nail colour and when they say quick dry, they mean it! I like the packaging of the polish and I love the pastel colours that are available, I only have two so far but I love the mint green one. These polishes retail at around £3.99 each. My rating; 9/10



Finally, last but not least we have the newest addition to the Barry M collection which is of course the daylight curing range. I am in love with this type of polish and it does exactly as advertised. There is a small instruction label tied around the lid if you are unsure of how it works but I must say it compares with salon quality nail products. "Barry M’s new Sunset Daylight Curing Nail Paint and Topcoat deliver the look and resilience of pro salon gel nails without a UV lamp or the expense! All you need is a Sunset colour and the Sunset Topcoat – no need for a basecoat as the special formulation bonds to the nail like a gel in daylight but can still be removed with a regular remover."
You simply apply two coats of the colour and a coat of the top coat and you're good to go! You achieve salon quality nails that are dry within minutes and give a gorgeous glossy effect that is super silky. I love the colours and cannot wait to get my hands on more! The colours and top coat retail at around £4.99 each. My rating; 10/10 its the only option!



There are a few other options by Barry M that I still am yet to try such as the matte and glitter polishes but here is a picture of the growing collection I have at home...


Let me know your thoughts on your favourite polishes and whether you have tried any of those above.

with love, Alexandra x

6 comments:

  1. completely agree! love love love the speedy quick dry and daylight curing! :) keep posting, Sam xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They come in such gorgeous colours too. We post every Tuesday,Thursday and Sunday x

      Delete
  2. Love the glittery ones but find them hard to clean off. The speed dry ones are handy, hopefully some more colours will come soon and I'd like to see a chip resistant one :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The speed dry ones are by far my favourites. A chip resistant one is a great idea. We can't wait to check out your blog as we love connecting with bloggers x

      Delete
  3. Love Barry M nail polishes - they have such a huge range of colours and textures
    Laura x
    fbl-savvy.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete