Thursday 9 July 2015

Urban Decay: yay or nay?

I have finally got my hands on an urban decay palette and it was one of the best decisions I've ever made! I'd been contemplating getting a naked palette or just buying a few high street alternatives for a long time, but I was in need of a new set of eyeshadows and thought I would treat myself. I decided upon the naked 2 palette as it had a variety of nice shades to my taste, I do aim to have them all eventually though, especially the new smoky one which is released soon, as the previews look amazing.



I also bought the original eyeshadow primer potion by urban decay (You actually get samples of the four primer potions in the box, so I am still using those for now). I decided to buy the full version of the original as it dries clear before you apply your shadows. If you are unsure, it would be a good idea to try them all and then buy your favourite. By using this, I have definitely seen a difference in the length of time that my eye make up stays in place for including my eyeliner. 





There are endless combinations of shadows, and I love the feel of the brush when applying colours. Within the palette, there is a mixture of nude shimmer and matte shades with incredibly sassy names including 'bootycall' and 'foxy'. The brush is double sided with one side being soft and fluffy to get in the crease of the eye and to blend, and a smaller brush to add shadow to the waterline and inner corner of the eye.


If you are on a budget, we have found some high street alternatives, they offer similar colours but it would be a good idea to buy an eyeshadow blending brush.



Maybelline 'The nudes' palette

MUA 'heaven and earth'




L'Oreal 'colour riche la palette nude'

Let me know your thoughts on your favourite naked palette, whether you have tried any of the high street brands or if you have any other suggestions. We always love hearing from you!

With love, Alexandra x

6 comments:

  1. hey I've wanted to be come a blogger for some time now I was wondering if you could give me some tips?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Abi, first of all Thankyou for checking out our blog. As we are newbie bloggers ourselves, we know how difficult it is to start of with but persevering with emailing companies and building up your followers is definately a great start. Plan your blog posts far in advance so that they're the best they can be and also don't give up if you don't reach your target of blog views or readers straight away. Feel free to email us at anytime - ohmyvalentino@gmail.com x

      Delete
  2. Hi there! I am a new beauty blogger as well! I love your blog so far! I would love to follow the blog but I can't seem to find the button! Let me know if I am doing something wrong or if you add it ! I would really appreciate it if you could check out my blog! http://makeup-fashion-lifestyle.blogspot.com/ btw I have tried the mabelline nudes pallete and it is pretty decent however the lighter colors aren't very pigmented!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Liz,Thankyou for checking us out,we're so glad you enjoy reading our blog! I'm guessing you found the follow button in the end,haha (we're still figuring blogger out). We can't wait to view your blog and leave a few comments,we love connecting with bloggers,especially newbies like ourselves. Have a great day!

      Delete
  3. loving the colours great for a night 💗

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We love them too,can never have enough nude eyeshadows!

      Delete