Sunday 19 July 2015

Malin+Goetz



Introducing Malin+Goetz


Before I sampled any of our Malin+Goetz products I had a read of their 'Philosophy' page to find out more about the company and the variety of products they offer so I can give you a clearer insight of what they're all about. They are a family-owned-and-operated establishment founded in NYC,2004. One of the founders suffered from multiple skin conditions which led on to the companies ideas and aims. Matthew Malin and Andrew Goetz have gone onto develop easy-to-use products aimed for people with problematic skin, whether this be dry, sensitive or eczema etc. Their advanced formulas blend trusted natural ingredients and knowledge of the industry to create the most wonderful products for the face, body and hair.

   




As a sensitive skin sufferer I find it difficult to find skin-care that completely suits my skin to a T. I sometimes find that even the self proclaimed 'for sensitive skin' products can even leave my skin feeling a little irritable and red. Ever since I started studying beauty therapy I have truly realised the full extent of how important it is to take care of your skin from a young age and have a set routine for morning and night. Due to a little OCD when it comes to testing new products on my face, I was a little apprehensive of changing my routine up a bit to fit my Malin+Goetz products in but I have given it a go regardless. 



The 'Lip Moisturiser'

I find taking care of your lips is of second importance to your facial routine as you're not going to be puckering up for anyone with crusty dry lips, am I right? For me one of my make-up must haves is a good lipstick, which I can not leave the house without. Although, most lipsticks can very quickly cause your lips to become dry and flaky, making it extra important to apply a lip balm/gloss before-hand. I usually opt for a stick balm rather than a petroleum jelly or more of a glossy lip moisturiser as I wear matte lipsticks and don't want to add much shine. Whereas I find this particular lip moisturiser has more of a lip-glossy appearance. Having said that, it does exactly what it says on the tin (well tube) and leaves my lips feeling nourished and moisturised without the need to keep applying it throughout the day constantly.
    


The 'Grapefruit Face Cleanser'

Cleansing my face when I wake up and before I go to bed is one of the most basic yet important parts of taking good care of your skin. Using a good cleanser removes all the grime, dirt and makeup off of your face which a make-up wipe or soap simply can not do. I use my cleanser instead of a soap to clean and freshen my face up, soaps are way too harsh and shouldn't be used of your face as they're usually doing more harm than good. Using this particular cleanser was a bit of a risk for me as it is proclaimed to be suitable for all skin types rather than targeting sensitive skin, which I wouldn't usually even think of purchasing. The fragrance was a beautiful scent and not too over-powering, which is always a good sign for us sensitive skin sufferers as I'm normally very paranoid with using highly perfumed products as they don't usually react well with my skin. After using this cleanser my face didn't react to the product whatsoever, (thank god as I'd of looked like a tomato) my face was left feeling extremely refreshed and clean, knowing all that grime is no longer hiding within my pores.






The 'Vitamin E Face Moisturiser' 

I was very excited about trying out this moisturiser as I thoroughly enjoy comparing a new product to the loads of moisturisers I've tried previous to this one. Not only am I interested with how smooth my skin is left feeling after a moisturiser has been applied but for me it's also important knowing exactly what the product contains along-side with what benefits it will have upon my skin. Without doubt I apply a moisturiser after my cleanser and toner, this left my skin feeling as smooth as a babies bum and not leaving my skin to appear greasy or shiny. Firstly I must mention that not all moisturisers contain vitamin E although I'm happy to inform you this Malin+Goetz one does. WOOHOO! Scientific studies have shown that Vitamin E has very specific benefits to the skin;

  • Protects our skin from environmental pollution
  • Provides us with a protecting action against UV radiation (although can not be classed as a sunscreen)
  • Contains a powerful anti-inflammatory to help prevent signs of premature ageing 


We'd love to know what you think of our review, if you have tried any 'Malin+Goetz' products or simply if you have any suggestions or questions, please don't hesitate to leave a comment below.

With love Soph x 







4 comments:

  1. loving the new posts 🌸💙

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou,we post every Sunday,Tuesday and Wednesday x

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thankyou so much lovely! We love support from other bloggers! X

      Delete