Thursday 20 August 2015

Alexandra's Must Have MACs

MAC MAC MAC oh how I love you! I'm one of those girls that cannot say no to a purchase from one of my favourite make-up brands. So I thought I would compile my favourite products into a post for you all...

all of the products and packaging
Firstly, the foundation as this is the base of the face. I love studio fix fluid in shade NW13 which has built in SPF 15. It is such a good match and blends so lovely on the face. It gives a light to medium coverage that can be built up to suit your needs. I had the foundation chosen and matched by a MAC assistant as there is various types and shades to choose from. I would recommend this, as they are the experts after all and you can get some advice along with it. Also, considering it is a fairly small bottle, the foundation lasts a long time as long as you are reasonable with the amount you use and don't waste any. I'm still on my first bottle which I bought a good few months ago. Although, I regret not buying the pump which would have added an extra £3 to the total, but it is still manageable without. The pump only needs to be purchased once and can be reused.


blusher and foundation
Next it's onto the sheer tone shimmer blush in shade trace gold. I really love this shade! It was recommended by MAC when I described what I was after. It is great for the apples of your cheeks, or an easy quick contour. I'm fairly pale and have an english rose complexion, so it was great to find a shade that doesn't wash me out and enhances the shade of the foundation. It gives a lovely look that can be altered for day or night and is a great change from the typical pink blush or bronzed glow.




pro longwear liner on the left and normal liner on the right
The lip liners that MAC have to offer can only be described as gorgeous. This may be a factor as to why many celebrities favour them too. I have a lip pencil in shade half-red and a pro long wear lip pencil in shade nice 'n' spicy. I use half-red for my 'capricious' lipstick and nice 'n' spicy for 'velvet teddy' and 'half 'n' half''. They are both perfect matches for the lipstick shades. I do find that the lip pencil has to be reapplied occasionally depending on the occasion, whereas the pro long wear liner does what it says on the tin and does stay on longer. This gives a creamier texture and can also be worn alone, whereas I'd suggest the normal liners are only used to outline.





from left to right; velvet teddy, pink plaid, capricious, half 'n' half
Finally the lipsticks...this is what MAC is often well known for. I have four of their lipsticks in various shades. My first purchase was half 'n' half  which is an amplified crème lipstick. It gives a gorgeous creamy texture and doesn't dry your lips out. It is a lovely nude or brown shade and I think it would compliment any skin tone. My second purchase was either capricious or pink plaid but I can't remember. Pink plaid is a matte lipstick which is a bright baby pink shade and brightens up day make up. I don't think I would wear this shade for a night out, but that's personal preference. Of course it is a matte lipstick so it can be quite drying, but I often apply a gloss on top of this shade. Capricious is a lustre lipstick and is a maroon-red-pink shade, its hard to describe! But looks lovely on. It is great for a day or night and compliments the shimmer blush as does velvet teddy and half 'n' half. My final lipstick to discuss is my most recent purchase which is velvet teddy. This is a fairly similar shade to half 'n' half but I think it is slightly darker. It is a matte lipstick and I love the look it gives when teamed with the nice 'n' spicy liner. LOVE LOVE LOVE!






Thank you MAC for creating fabulous make-up and please continue to do so! I'd love to hear your favourite lip combos in the comments, maybe it'll give me some inspiration haha.






with love, Alexandra x



2 comments:

  1. I've got the half'n'half lipstick, it's such a cool color. I really like it! :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too! it's so creamy and keeps your lips moisturised for hours x

      Delete