Sunday 16 August 2015

Lil sister takeover {kimono lovin'}

Hey everyone, welcome back to our blog. Today's a different sort of post we haven't tried before, Emily who is my little sister, who's 12,  is taking over our blog for the day.. Well kind of. She's helped me co-write this post as she's been pestering me for ages about writing on our blog, enjoy and let us know what you think!



Emily says " Today I've chosen to tell you all about my love of kimonos at the minute. I brought my very first kimono a few weeks ago now, in the NewLook sale, and I haven't took it off since. You can wear them with anything and everything and it's a great cover up for those breezy summer days."


Kimonos are very versatile, whether it's for a day to day basis or on the beach sunning yourself. They look perfect with almost anything, although I would say don't over-do it with clashing colours/patterns as kimonos should be your main staple within any outfit and usually look better teamed with simple tops and bottoms.






Emily's favourite Kimono OOTD:

Blue tribal print longline kimono-New Look £9 (Sale)

Sunglasses - Dorothy Perkins £5 (Sale)
White high-neck sleeveless top - Primark £4
Blue crochet shorts - Primark £5 (Sale)
Heeled lilac jelly style sandals - New Look £10 (Sale)


Alternatives that Emily is loving:


https://www.prettylittlething.com/zosia-cream-multi-print-kimono.html



http://m.topshop.com/h5/product?productId=20408049





https://www.missguided.co.uk/clothing/category/tops/kimono/pointelle-tassled-kimono-black



http://m.asos.com/mt/www.asos.com/vero-moda/vero-moda-kimono-with-fringe-detail/prod/pgeproduct.aspx


Please give us your opinions on this type of post below, and whether you think we should incorporate guest bloggers more often and which kimono is your fave?


With love, Emily and Soph x




6 comments:

  1. Aww I love this post! Very different and your sister is so cute! Rocking that kimono!
    http://minniemousechic.blogspot.co.uk/2015/08/almost-famous.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! We think so too! I shall head over to your blog now to catch up ~ Alexandra xx

      Delete
  2. Lovely post and I love kimonos too! They are great for summer your sister is a good blogger she did a good job writing this post!
    www.misslaurenmorgan.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're glad you enjoyed a read! Thankyou xx

      Delete
  3. Hey girls, Thankyou for letting me do a post with you, it was so much fun xxx

    ReplyDelete