Tuesday 11 August 2015

Alexandra's Liverpool Haul

Hi you lovely lot, last week I went on a little trip with my boyfriend to Liverpool and I can't go anywhere without a little shopping trip, but my 'little' shopping trips turn into huge hauls usually haha and how could I resist with all of the options in the Liverpool shopping centre! The shops were double the size of those closer to home and had everything you could dream of. So here is a little line up of the things I just had to treat myself to...




MAC Velvet Teddy ~ I love this new addition to my growing collection of MAC cosmetics and it's a great colour that can work with almost any outfit. It is a matte lipstick, which is versatile depending on the look you are after as you can always apply a lip gloss over the top for a night out. A close comparison is the half n half shade which I also have, but this is an amplified lipstick which I find stays creamy all day and was the first one I ever bought. They both blend well with the lip liner I also purchased which is mentioned below.




MAC Pro Long Wear Lip Pencil ~ I bought the shade nice 'n' spicy which is a great nude shade and could work well with a variety of the different lipsticks. It is also lovely worn on it's own because it has a creamier texture compared to the normal lip pencils. The only downside is, it wasn't made clear on purchase that I need to buy the MAC sharpener as it probably wouldn't sharpen well in a regular liner sharpener and is slightly smaller than the usual lip liners but more expensive.

Topshop Lincoln Loafers ~ I have been looking to add some brown or tan loafers to my shoe collection for quite some time, and think they are just such cute shoes! As soon as I saw these, I knew I had to pick them up. They're really comfortable and look great with a cute tee or blouse. They can be dressed up and down quite easily. The tassels on the front just add that extra touch and the suede fabric is gorgeous!

Topshop MOTO Black Joni Jeans ~ Surprise surprise, a pair of topshop jeans have made an appearance! I absolutely love Topshop jeans and I thought I could do with adding another black pair to my wardrobe as I wear them a lot! The only thing I was worried about was reading that some girls had found the jeans too stretchy and lost shape after one wash, as Topshop has changed the fabric. I've worn them a couple of times so far and cannot feel the difference but I guess the proof will be when they have had a wash...



Forever 21 baseball style tee ~ I don't usually shop in forever 21 too often, but a couple of items caught my eye including this top. It was a bargain at only £5 and is a comfortable slouchy style, perfect with a pair of jeans and some converse for a casual look. How could you resist at that price as well? Here is a similar one from the American website;


Forever 21 blue checked shirt ~ I love plaid and gingham shirts, purely because many looks can be produced with them and when I saw this shirt I had to pick it up and add it to my others! It is a blue denim wash button up shirt with a thin white grid print (if that is a good enough description??) but unfortunately I cannot find a picture on the website for you all! booo:( They have plenty of alternatives such as the one I have listed below.



New Look scallop edge blouse ~ I really like a scalloped edge top or blouse as I think it creates a perfect finish. When I saw this top I thought it would look great with the loafers I had bought, a pair of black jeans and a new tan bag that I had purchased earlier in the month. In the picture from the website it does look a slightly lighter colour than in reality, but I have experienced this with a few new look products. It has a lovely fit and a button at the top of the collar on the back.


Thanks for taking the time to read my little shopping haul, are there any pieces you have your eye on? Leave your thoughts in the comments, as we love to hear from you!

with love, Alexandra x



12 comments:

  1. I love the jean you took ! I think this would look so good with your blue shirt (from f21). Such a cool blog post ! I loved it ! And I hope you had a great day with your boyfriend :) x


    http://blueberry05x.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think it would too, I'll have to try it! We did thank you xx

      Delete
  2. love your lipstick ! I have the same one ! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou lovely, it really is a gorgeous colour x

      Delete
  3. I love your haul! I want those Topshop loafers, I have to look for them. I also love the Baseball style tee, it's very chic and simple.

    Ashley
    jerseygirl1216.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou! The loafers are my favourite item out of the whole haul.. Glad you enjoyed this styled post x

      Delete
  4. I recently bought Velvet Teddy myself, and love it so far :) x

    www.sheintheknow.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's beautiful isn't it! Doesn't dry my lips out either which is always a bonus! X

      Delete
  5. loving the lipstick and loving the shoes xxx 😻💙

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've not tried any of these products but they all look rather lovely! x

    http://www.theperksofmeg.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete