Thursday 13 August 2015

Q&A with the bloggers

We're huge fans of having a nose at Q&As, so we thought, why not give it a go ourselves? Interactive posts are something we have never considered before, but I must say it was so much fun putting this post together and it's something a little different for you all to read. Firstly, a huge thank you to everyone who took the time to submit a question, we have mentioned either their Instagram account name or their Twitter @, so please go give these lovely ladies a follow! Enjoy...




Q1) @xo_emilyjane_ox (Instagram)

If you weren't blogging what hobbies would you take part in to fill up any spare time?



Alexandra:
Before we began our blog, I regularly trained in karate but now I also have more hours at work, I find it hard to commit to the sport. I trained twice a week every week, but unfortunately I just cant seem to find the time at the moment. Hopefully I will in the future. I like to try new things, but I just haven't came across anything that has caught my eye to take up as an interest.




Soph: 
Before I started blogging I never really had a continuous hobby so I can't really say " I'd go back to doing blahblahblah". I'm not a very sporty, athletic person so I can't say I'd do exercise on a daily basis although I'd probably spend more time participating in some sort of work out, whether that be swimming or tennis as I enjoy those the most. It's hardly a hobby but I do enjoy filling my spare time with my little mobile beauty business I've got going too.





Q2) @xo_emilyjane_ox (Instagram)

How would you describe your style and your wardrobe choices?



Alexandra:
I feel as though my style has changed quite a lot over the past year or two and I don't 'play it safe' as much. I often wear darker shades, but do tend to mix in a few lighter shades in the summer months. I do have a fairly sophisticated style, but like to add some casual items in as well such as pretty day dresses and a good pair of jeans. I love a striped pattern also, there is plenty of those in my wardrobe! I am constantly adding new pieces to my wardrobe and I wouldn't say I have a particular style, I just pick up things I like and that suit me well.

Soph:
I've been through so many different style phases over the years, some slightly more embarrassing than others, I went through a 'hippy' stage...that is always an interesting one to look back on! Slowly but surely I'm finally discovering what shapes, colours and styles suits me the most. At the moment, I'd class my wardrobe choices as minimal. I'm not too keen on overwhelming patterns especially floral etc. and I don't wear pastels or 'pretty' shades. I don't dress girly whatsoever but I'd like to think this phase suits me the most. Khaki/Nudes/Black/white/Rust shades are my kind of thing. I'm absolute loving Denim and culottes right now.




Q3) @minniemousechic (Instagram)  @mousefashion95 (Twitter)




Do you want to make blogging your career? Or do you both have other career goals? 




Alexandra:
I view blogging as more of a part time thing in my opinion as I am currently studying graphic design, but I would love to be able to incorporate the blog into my work. I'm still not 100% sure of what I want to do with my qualification yet, whether it is university or another route but I think it would be great if my love for fashion and beauty could be included in my future aspirations. 




Soph:
Becoming a full time blogger and earning a living from it in the future would be amazing, that would be the ultimate dream. I'm not 100% sure where I want to be exactly in the years to come. Although, anything within the fashion or beauty industry is what I'm aiming for, by this time next year I'll be a fully qualified beauty therapist, of which from there I'm hoping to progress either onto makeup or change my path completely and move onto fashion.




Q4) @secretmaggiemay (Instagram)




Would you class yourselves as mainly lifestyle, beauty or fashion bloggers?




Alexandra & Soph:
This is an interesting question, when we first started out we were mainly focusing on basing all our posts around Fashion and Beauty. However, we love to write about more important matters which we could class as 'lifestyle' based, including currently writing up a ' self-confidence' post. We're also wanting to blog about our trips and days out which aren't beauty or fashion based either, we're a little bit of everything really!





Q5) @geraldines_wonderful_world (Instagram)  @GeraldinesWWorld (Twitter)




If you were only allowed to take 3 things with you on holiday, what would they be and why? 




Alexandra:
1. ooh this is a tough question! I'm gonna copy Soph for my first answer (sssh) but I would have to take my boyfriend, I need a travel companion who is also my best friend. He's fab.
2. My playlist because I love music, especially those summer anthems for around the pool and on the beach.
3. My iPhone...I couldn't live without it and it means I can take some great snaps while I'm away and it has my playlists all in one place!




Soph:
1. My boyfriend! We both want to travel to as many places as we can together in the future, I couldn't not include him.
2. My iPhone... I love my phone, I can not live without it for an hour let alone a whole holiday. This way I could keep in touch with my family and of course keep up-to-date with the blog too!
3. My wardrobe (with all its content, shush). This is slightly far-fetched I know, but you did say 3 things and a wardrobe is one thing really? Right!


Q5) @blogsblueberry (Twitter)  @maeshaplt (Instagram)




Do you find it complicated thats there's two of you blogging on one blog?




Alexandra & Soph:
Most definitely not, if anything we act as a kind of support barrier to eachother. Blogging with your bestfriend probably wouldn't work for everyone but as we had such a strong based friendship, for us it works perfectly! Without blogging together, neither of us would probably of even pursued becoming bloggers seperately, we wouldn't have it any other way now. It really does suit us down to a T.



Q6) @blogsblueberry (Twitter)  @maeshaplt (Instagram)




Why did you choose to name your blog 'OhMyValentino' ? How did the name come about?




Alexandra & Soph: 
We couldn't think of name for months, when we did finally come up with one it wasn't an available domain and was taking either on Instagram or Twitter, so we was back to square one AGAIN. The longer and harder we thought about it, the less amount of ideas sprung to mind! Fortunately, on a completely random day when we weren't even thinking about it whatsoever, I came up with the name 'Oh My Valentino' and it's stuck ever since! Sometimes the less strain you put on yourself, the better the outcome.




Q7) @NatterlyBlog (Twitter)




What made you two want to blog together?




Alexandra & Soph:
Like we mentioned in a previous question, we definitely act as a support barrier for each other. Since leaving school and going seperate colleges, we were afraid we were going to drift apart but blogging together brings us closer and is more of an excuse to meet up. We're both very passionate about all of the topics we blog about, especially fashion and beauty, so we thought WHY THE HELL NOT?!





Q8) @mflbeautyblog (Twitter) @mflbeautyblog (Instagram)




When and why did you first start wearing makeup?




Alexandra:
I began wearing basic make up in year 8/9 which consisted of lip gloss, concealer and mascara. I'm glad I wasn't one of those girls who threw themselves in at the deep end and wore every product going just as they hit their teenage years. Especially as at that age, you would not have a good skin routine and would probably just wash your face! I'm thankful for that now as I have great clear skin.




Soph:
I first started wearing makeup at the beginning of Year9, so I would of been 13 at the time. I'd only wear a little concealer and mascara, maybe even a bit of lipgloss if I was feeling extra sassy HA I so wasn't 'sassy' at this time, I was a mouse and would hardly speak a word to the majority of people! My main reason I started wearing make-up was to bump up my self-confidence a little and to impress my first ever crush...ooh (covers face).



Q9) @booksandbeautyx (Instagram)




Since you started wearing makeup to now, how would you say your look has changed makeup wise? 




Alexandra:
I probably began wearing eyeliner when I was in year 9 or 10 and now I have an amazing flick skill. I definitely switch up the make up I'm wearing to suit the occasion, I often wear very subtle make up for work, purely because who is going to appreciate my effort in a DIY store??? Haha. But then I can transform my look for a night out with the girls or even a day out really. I never have been and will never be one of the girls who plasters on the make up, as a much more natural look suits me well and looks great. I just love love love MAC and Urban Decay but also a lot of high street brands. It's good to have a combination but i'll stop there as I could talk forever.




Soph: 
Wow, where do I start? My look has changed massively, even more so since studying beauty and makeup at college. Sometimes I'm very subtle with my makeup, especially daytime when I'm not doing much. But when I'm going out , I like to pull out all the stops. I love contouring and highlighting, along with subtle eyelashes but a bright, in-your-face lip. Ah, I love makeup! Even talking about makeup excites me. The most important point to make here is that I wear makeup for ME and nobody else, it  gives me a little confidence boost now and again, although I can still feel comfortable without it too, which every girl should do.




Q10) @LaurenReal97 (Twitter) @laureninwonderlandxo (Instagram)




What have you learned from blogging so far?




Alexandra:
It's taught me that I always should have more confidence in myself and to enjoy the things I do. Me and Soph have a bond that is forever growing closer and we have so much in common. I'd love to eventually go to blogging events and meet up with bloggers who have been ever so supportive since we began this journey. We're constantly learning new things and it's great to find such a lovely community of bloggers to share with.




Soph: 
We've only been blogging for about two months now but I feel as if I've learnt so much already! I've not only learnt how much of an amazingly strong friendship Alexandra and I have, but I learnt a lot more about myself too. It's given me so much more confidence, I never thought I could put myself out there and do something I've wanted for so long. I'm continuously learning things along the way, going to blogger events and meet ups will be the next step for me.





Q11) @Mylifeasshyma (Twitter)



If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life what would it be?



Alexandra & Soph:
PEPPERONI PIZZA! Nothing more needs to be said...we're obsessed.




Q12) @nisaTheBlogger (Twitter)



Why did you two decide to do a blog together, instead of having individual ones?

Alexandra & Soph:
It's simply down to the fact neither of us would have pushed ourselves to do it individually and for us, working together suits us better. We get more things done, more than we could achieve if we were doing blogging alone, plus it's so much fun to work along side your bestfriend, who wouldn't want that?




Thanks for reading our post, we hope you enjoyed it and leave any suggestions for future posts you would like to see in the comments, we love to hear from you!


with love, Alexandra & Soph x

4 comments:

  1. Was so nice to read ! I love q&a, it's a good way to know you a bit better ! As I said, it was really nice to read ! :)
    Love xx

    http://blueberry05x.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou, we're so glad you enjoyed it! Xx

      Delete
  2. What a great Q& A.
    I don't wear floral or other prints either because I just don't feel they suit me.

    Angie x | Chocolate & Lipstick || UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Angela! I feel the same pretty "girly" patterns don't suit me whatsoever xx ~Soph

      Delete